When you treat them right, your full arch dental implants will reciprocate and treat you to many years of reliability. With regular dental care at home and check-ins with your dental staff, your full arch dental implants can last you the rest of your life.
Take a closer look at what you can do in the days immediately following your implant placement procedure, and in the long run, to keep your dental implants around for the rest of your life.
Aftercare Tips for Your Dental Implants
In the days following your procedure, you’ll have to manage mild to moderate bleeding and swelling at the implant sites. To do this, your doctor will likely prescribe a painkiller and a mouth rinse that’ll help prevent an infection from taking root.
Here are some basic guidelines you’ll be given for your first few days with dental implants in:
· Use a sulcus brush to gently clean the implant sites
· Take your pain medicine on schedule, even if you aren’t bothered by the mild discomfort. The painkiller your dentist prescribes will also reduce inflammation.
· Apply ice to the implant site to bring down swelling and speed up healing
Routine Care Tips
In just a few days after your procedure, the swelling and tenderness at and around the implant site will subside. With the discomfort gone, or down to a minimum at least, you’ll be able to more thoroughly clean your mouth.
Here are some of the routine care tips your dentist will recommend:
· Brush and floss daily, using a sulcus brush to clean tender and hard to reach areas of your mouth
· Blast away leftover food particles in your mouth using a Waterpik
· Rinse your mouth with an antibacterial mouth wash to get rid of any bacteria that survived your brushing, flossing and Waterpik
Full Arch Dental Implants San Fernando CA Take a moment to schedule an appointment with a local dentist to learn more about what you can expect from getting full arch dental implants in San Fernando, CA and Van Nuys, CA.