All too often, people settle with living with a single crooked tooth, or just a few teeth, that don’t align with the rest. Why go commit to wearing braces for at least a year just to fix one or two teeth?
Even if it’s just one tooth that’s misaligned, straightening that tooth will help ensure that all your teeth wear easily and that you don’t wear down that specific tooth prematurely. Yet, you don’t have to commit to braces to straighten one or two teeth. With Invisalign® clear aligner trays, you can straighten as many, or as few, teeth as needed – and you can do so discreetly. Take a look at how Invisalign can help align your smile perfectly, even if only a single tooth is misaligned.
How Invisalign Straightens Teeth
Like conventional braces, Invisalign applies a gentle, yet constant, amount of pressure on the teeth to move them into their optimal placement. The clear aligner trays you’ll receive are customized to fit your teeth snuggly, adhering to the contours of perfectly aligned teeth while pushing on those that are out of alignment. This is why Invisalign works well on any number of teeth.
Other Considerations for Invisalign
The use cases for Invisalign extend to a wide range of teeth alignment issues, including the following:
· Overbite – teeth in the top row, or “arch,” jut out further than those on the bottom arch
· Underbite – the inverse of an overbite, an underbite characterizes bottom teeth that jut forward, past teeth on the top arch.
· Crossbite – teeth at the sides of a smile lean more towards a cheek or the tongue that opposing teeth.
· Gaps – describes excessive spacing between teeth
· Gape – there is a gap between opposing teeth when the form a bite
· Crowding – teeth are jammed together due to a lack of space. Individual teeth may rotate, jut our or tilted back due to the lack of space.
More on Invisalign in Van Nuys, CA